Tom joined McStay Luby in 2000. He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland and a former council member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
Tom specialises in delivering restructuring solutions for both corporates and individuals in financial distress.
He has over 25 years experience as a chartered accountant and spent ten years working in corporate recovery with Deloitte.
Prior to working in McStay Luby, Tom gained significant industry experience, working in both the manufacturing and the services sectors as director of finance. He also gained experience on secondment with the asset structuring department of National Irish Bank.
Tom has acted as liquidator, receiver and independent accountant.
He has significant experience in the review of business plans on behalf of both borrowers and lenders.
He also provides litigation support assistance and has worked with law firms acting on behalf of both litigants and defendants in assessing the financial issues in many litigation matters.
Major projects – Corporate Recovery
- Joint Liquidator Rush Credit Union Limited – Loan Book Sale.
- Receiver and Manager ICE Communications – secured a purchaser for the business as a going concern.
- Joint Liquidator Iralco – specialist manufacturer of automotive trim. Managed the trading of the business profitably for six months and then sold the business, preserving the employment of the majority of the 400 employees.
- SR Technics – engaged by parent company to disengage from Dublin Airport.
Major projects – Business Reviews
- Review of various property developer business plans (borrowings €250m – €750m+) on behalf of lender.
- EU Jetops – performed independent accountant review for purpose of examinership application.
- Valuation of substantial Client shareholding in an industrial holdings company including waste management, wind energy, bioenergy, telecommunications and plastics both in Ireland and abroad.
- Carried out an urgent review of the financial, business and related issues arising in connection with a potential acquisition by a State-Owned entity. Our review involved consideration of the likely value range attributable to the target entity.
Sample Litigation Support Assignments
- Valuation of Plaintiff Company involved in the Horticulture sector in support of legal action concerning losses arising as a result of the supply of contaminated product.
- Provision of expert opinion on potential impact on enterprise value of new regulations introduced by ComReg in connection with businesses involved in phone paid services industry.
- Valuation of restaurant businesses for the purposes of negotiations with landlord concerning rent and other matters.